QualitySpace.com  

Go Back   QualitySpace.com > General > Website Reviews

Old 01-23-2005, 08:53 AM

EddieWeb.com - Games, Music, News, Sports, and Entertainment

Check it out. There's a news and sports page, over 60 free flash games, hundreds of free midis, and a cool sites library (or aka free-link library) so add your site too!!

www.eddieweb.com
Old 01-23-2005, 12:03 PM

I like the overall design of your site and that gyroball game really brings back memories of the classic Marble Madness on NES.

There is a design flaw that you may want to remove to make your site look the same in every browser. For example, right above where it says in your code you start a new paragraph and you have a break (

) and they really serve no purpose. Because IE does not follow standards it doesn't show the space. But with every other browser you have a 2-3 line break from your top banner to the menu.

Old 01-23-2005, 06:42 PM

Thanks SnakEyez. I fixed that spacing problem. And thank you for your nice comments. Just wondering, do you have any tips on increasing my number of visitors?
Old 01-23-2005, 08:40 PM

Well that's my specialty. First off and as crazy as it sounds, when you ask for help or make posts like this about opinions you actually can gain more visitors.

However, seeing your website and what it covers, which is a lot, I would suggest making posts like this at other websites just to get some input. Also find some similar sites like offer something similar to your site like shockplay.com for example which is strictly online games, or join any random network of sites. There are plenty of hit counters and other small links you can put on your site that will link you to larger databases, like a topsites list. I have found from past experiences that those work very well.

The one thing I recommend against is paying for priority submission into search engines like Yahoo and Google. Although your site may turn up a lot, it doesn't give you the quality of hits you are looking for.

To get quality you are going to probably need a forum of some kind on your website just to get your current guests talking and this actually works in your favor because you can see what's going through their mind about some of your content, and whether it is good or bad.

Also one last bug I found that you might want to look at. That users online box is sometimes returning a value of "Database INSERT Error". You might want to take a look at that.

After making this post I found a couple of sites kinda like I was talking about. Here is a list. Keep in mind since your site covers a wide variety of stuff, that these topsites may seem specific but you can always link them to that portion of your site.

http://www.gametopsites.com/
http://topsites.gamearchives.com/
http://www.cgispy.com/topsites/top.cgi?user=buildfree

Last edited by SnakEyez; 01-23-2005 at 08:46 PM.
Old 02-08-2005, 02:10 PM

Nice gams, I likesd it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: