QualitySpace.com  

Go Back   QualitySpace.com > General > News and Announcements

Old 02-26-2005, 06:24 AM
Administrator

Datacenter move

As part of our constant efforts to improve our service, we will be migrating our servers from Atlanta to California within this week and next week. We have negotiated a deal for better hardware, tech support, and connectivity at Savvis datacenter in El Segundo, California where we have physical access to our equipment.

The new datacenter will allow P4HOST to offer even more reliable and quality bandwidth to you and our other clients.

Note: We have planed this migration for months, everything should go smoothly. There will be no downtime but ftp service might be disabled during the migration.

If you have any questions, contact support@p4host.com.

Thank you for being loyal P4HOST customers.

Kevin
Old 02-26-2005, 01:57 PM

Thumbs up

Many thanks Mr. Kevin for your efforts in order to improve P4HOST's services ..

May I have question :
Quote:
The new datacenter will allow P4HOST to offer even more reliable and quality bandwidth to you and our other clients.
Does this mean, we are going to get more bandwidth for our websites?
For example, the bandwidth for the Silver plan is 20GB ..
So, will it be more than this after the migration?

Regards ..

Old 02-26-2005, 02:25 PM

Yes, many thanks Kevin. I'm sitting in my office now, trying to wrap up a project, late on a Saturday night (GMT+1), and low and behold I can no longer connect to my server. You would think after the havoc that last years 'data center migration' caused you would have taken the five minutes to send out an email notificatioin this time. I, and I'm sure many others, never even look at this forum unless something is already wrong with our servers. Simply throwing up a quick post here on the day the migration begins is not service, it's laziness.

Last time I just lurked. Problems arose which you apparently had no control over, so I waited it out, stuck with you despite not getting any notification. As my needs and client base increase, things like this become a real issue. The fact that this has happened twice now, no notification, is just unbelievable.

Again, many thanks Kevin.

Adam
Old 02-26-2005, 06:03 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx2ooo
Yes, many thanks Kevin. I'm sitting in my office now, trying to wrap up a project, late on a Saturday night (GMT+1), and low and behold I can no longer connect to my server. You would think after the havoc that last years 'data center migration' caused you would have taken the five minutes to send out an email notificatioin this time. I, and I'm sure many others, never even look at this forum unless something is already wrong with our servers. Simply throwing up a quick post here on the day the migration begins is not service, it's laziness.

Last time I just lurked. Problems arose which you apparently had no control over, so I waited it out, stuck with you despite not getting any notification. As my needs and client base increase, things like this become a real issue. The fact that this has happened twice now, no notification, is just unbelievable.

Again, many thanks Kevin.

Adam

I am not sure why you did not get the notification email. I did send them out last night before posting on the forum.

Kevin

I did send out massive emails last night but our billing script refused to send.
Old 02-26-2005, 06:08 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatari
Many thanks Mr. Kevin for your efforts in order to improve P4HOST's services ..

May I have question :

Does this mean, we are going to get more bandwidth for our websites?
For example, the bandwidth for the Silver plan is 20GB ..
So, will it be more than this after the migration?

Regards ..

The bandwidth will be the same but the download speed will get improved, also all servers will have RAID LEVEL 1
that uses disk mirroring, which provides 100% duplication of data.

Kevin
Old 02-26-2005, 06:51 PM

Well I received the one you just sent me, presumably after reading my post. And if your billing script didn't send, then it's safe to assume you do know why I didn't receive notification, and it probably means many others didn't receive notification either. If this migration has been planned for months, why wait until the last minute to let people know? If your billing script didn't send a week ago, then maybe you could have dealt with that problem before the migration to be sure that your clients would be informed that they wouldn't be able to access their servers.

I've been happy with your hosting service for a year now, and was willing to look past the issues and extensive down time of the first migration. If this migration will provide improvements, then that is much appreciated. However, ensuring your clients are informed in advance (which doesn't mean the night before) of any significant interuptions in service would also be much appreciated.

Moving on, I still can't access my server. How about a time frame?

Adam
Old 02-28-2005, 12:33 PM

I received no e-mail notice about a Data Center move. And, now, I've lost some (non-critical) e-mail as well as a botched contest. I'm getting two different IPs for my web site: 209.51.135.138 (which is the old IP) and 216.152.251.174 (which is apparently the new IP address).

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: